Re: [V4L] tda985x problem

On Friday 24 November 2000 20:48, you wrote:
> In lists.linux.v4l, you wrote:
> > Hi!
> >   I just tried out the 2.4.test11 kernel....am having some problem with
> > the tvaudio driver there (and same problem with the bttv-0.7.47 driver).
> > that is, after I quit xawtv, or even trying to mute, the sound won't
> > go away..I can not remember which sound chip I have...it's a STB TV
> > card.. and someone on this list wrote the driver for me, and eventually
> > the driver merge into the tvaudio driver..it's tda985x....
>
> Does tvaudio find the tda985x?  IIRC the STB had a second i2c chip
> (tea6300 ?) what's about this one?
>
>   Gerd

Regarding this issue : is it possible to just start the TV-sound without
having tv-image ?
It would be nice to start xawtv, select the station and close xawtv and have
the sound still going.
This is interesting to me for tv stations like MTV or other music stations
where I just want to record sound from or just listen to.
Basically there would be no objection for me to having the TV-sound always
on. Since it's connected to the line-in of my sound card I can still control
it via the sound mixer. It's a bigger problem for me that the sound goes off
when the TV application closes.:-)

--
Marcel Janssen