Re: [V4L] Elsa Erazor III Video

Hi Alexx,
there is currently a project going on on sourceforge:
www.sourceforge.net/projects/rivatv/ (see also
http://drama.obuda.kando.hu/~fero/cgi-bin/rivatv.php )
were Ferenc Bakonyi tries to add
V4L support for the riva cards. Although no working V4L driver exists
right now, he made quite lot of progress and I hope he'll really
succeeds soon for the first riva cards (he's currently heading for the
saa711.. and chrontel chips). Your card isn't supported right now, but in
version 0.4 of his driver there was I2C support for bt869 and also for
the VPX322x which I added myself by stealing from another
linux project. Watch out for the upcomping releases there.
ciao
Hubertus

>Hi!

>I'm planning to buy an Elsa Erazor III Video, and so I'd like to know
>about the video support under Linux. The card (TNT2 chip) uses, AFAIK, a
>bt869 for video out and an ITT VPX322SD for input. Searching the list
>archives didn't give any encouraging hints (only that this configuration
comes up now and than - without apparent solution :-( )

>So - there seems to be support at least for the video out stuff (bt869)
>using the latest i2c- and lm78-stuff. But how about the video input?
>There seem to be some projects concerning products using the ITT
>VPX322SD:
>http://www.thedirks.org/winnov/
>and something about some satellite tuner (I don't remember the URL).

>But the combination TNT2/ITT isn't mentioned anywhere. Did I oversee
>something, has anybody else had success with this combination? Thanks in
>advance for any hint!

>Alexx

PS: As I'm new to using video stuff under linux: Waht exactly is the
relationship between v4l and v4l2?