Re: [V4L] MPEG2 encoder card driver

"Ralph Metzler <" <rjkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> we released our first version of a GPLed Linux driver for a hardware
> MPEG2 encoder card.
> The card is based on the Kfir chip developed by Visiontech
> (http://www.visiontech-dml.com).

This looks exceedingly cool!!

I see one problem, though.  The driver contains one file (of microcode) which
is copyright by Visiontech, and there doesn't seem to be any license allowing
its use.  Without the rights to use the microcode, we can't use the driver,
right?

How will licensing be handled?  I would think that Visiontech would, at a
minimum, grant a right to use the microcode to anyone that buys the board.

--Mike