Re: [V4L] Pinnacle Studio PCTV (NTSC)

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 11:54:57PM +0100, Gerd Knorr wrote:

> > this solved my problem too. I have a Miro PCTV pro and used card=11 => no
> > sound. Now I use card=1 and anything works. Seems to be a bug in the *pro
> > driver !?
>
> The difference between the Miro PCTV with/without pro is that the pro
> version has a msp34xx stereo decoder chip.  The pro works with card=1 too,
> but you will not get stereo sound then because the sound isn't routed
> throuth the stereo decoder (don't know if the Pinnacle cards still have
> the same design, I've just added the entries I got by mail).
>
> If you don't get sound with card=11, it migt be:
>  (1) you don't have a pro
>  (2) msp3400 not loaded or not working for some reason
>  (3) something else broke somewhere in 0.7.x.

under version 0.7.36 this doesn't work too well. I have a pro and it's
recognized as a pctvrave and it works flawless. But still can't make the
radio work.

--
Tiago Pascoal
uRD Software Engineer

tiago.pascoal@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.altitude.com

+ 351 217 20 50 00 main
+ 351 217 20 50 90 fax

Av. dos Combatentes 43, 8
1600 Lisbon, PORTUGAL

The executives who paraded before the large audience of reporters and
analysts also made extravagant assumptions about customers' willingness to
take Microsoft's lead on such crucial matters as security and privacy.
To put it mildly, the company has never been a paragon in either category.
                                               --Dan Gillmor