Re: [V4L] Pinnacle Studio PCTV (NTSC)

Helmut A. Bender wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> this solved my problem too. I have a Miro PCTV pro and used card=11 => no
> sound. Now I use card=1 and anything works. Seems to be a bug in the *pro
> driver !?

The difference between the Miro PCTV with/without pro is that the pro
version has a msp34xx stereo decoder chip.  The pro works with card=1 too,
but you will not get stereo sound then because the sound isn't routed
throuth the stereo decoder (don't know if the Pinnacle cards still have
the same design, I've just added the entries I got by mail).

If you don't get sound with card=11, it migt be:
 (1) you don't have a pro
 (2) msp3400 not loaded or not working for some reason
 (3) something else broke somewhere in 0.7.x.

  Gerd

--
Wirtschaftsinformatiker == Leute, die zwar die aktuellen Aktienkurse
jedes Softwareherstellers kennen, aber keines der Produkte auch nur