Re: [V4L] error running xawtv with bttv2

> I get the following error when starting xawtv :
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
> denied)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  141 (XVideo)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  13 ()
>   Serial number of failed request:  357

Finally got bttv2 running. Thanks for all the help.
The problem was related to devfs not creating the devices and the file
permissions. I create the devices manually now and don't know (yet) how to
get this done automatically by devfs(d).

My bttv2 is not using the v4l module of xfree4.0.1.
This used to work before with bttv. I tried both as user and root, but in
both cases it doesn't work. Did I miss something during the compile ?
Or, doesn't bttv2 use the module ?

Some other problem that occurs sometimes when switching to/from grabdisplay
to overlay :

cmd: "capture" "overlay"
v4l2_stop: aiee: grab_fps==0

--