Re: [V4L] bttv multiprocessor oddity

> Jonathan H N Chin wrote:
> > I have a Gigabyte GA-6BXDU  dual-processor motherboard.
> > With the BIOS setting MPS=1.1, scsi hangs but USB works.
> > With the BIOS setting MPS=1.4, usb fails but scsi works.
> >
> > It is possibly just a coincidence, but it seems that scsi recovers
> > when the bttv stuff is loaded.
> >
> > If anyone can tell me why this is happening, or a fix to get both
> > scsi and usb working at the same time, I would be grateful.

Hi Jonathan,
  sorry, I missed your original message (and your email address), but...
please upgrade your BIOS to latest version (F1, or better F3e). Older
BIOS versions incorrectly do not report USB irq as PCI based, but
instead describe some other irq as being PCI based - that is, if
'lspci -vv' reports IRQ below 16, you have old BIOS. You should see:

00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel ...
        Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 19

If you see other number than 19, it will not work (btw PIN A of slot 0b
is wired to same wire as pin D of i440BX, so if you'll start playing
with USB with incorrect routing table, device in slot 0b stops working).
And slot 8 pin A, AGP pin A and all irq pins of on-board SCSI are
wired to IRQ 16, so if you have some irq-unmanaged device either in
slot 08, or in AGP, it may stop working too.
                                Best regards,
                                            Petr Vandrovec
                                            vandrove@xxxxxxxxxx