[V4L] OV511 cam or IBM PC Camera ?

Hi all,

I bought one of each (a Creative VideoBlaster III and an IBM PC Camera,
respectively).  The kernel config options suggest that both should be
supported.  I seem to be able to load the appropriate modules fine, and the
various log messages suggest the cameras are recognized and registered, but
applications don't seem to work for me.

For instance, xawtv fails with the message "/dev/video: No such device";
gqcam presents an empty picture frame with the message "Calculating speed"
at the bottom.  vidcat just hangs.  I've checled that the device files exist
with the permissions as specified in the documentation.

I'm running Mandrake 7.1/7.2, and have tried the following kernels:
- 2.2.15 with (Mandrake-supplied) USB & webcam modules
- 2.4.0-test9
- 2.4.0-test10

I would be happy to supply more details of my configuration or of my various
logs if someone out there is willing to look at them.

At this point I would be thrilled to hear whether anyone actually *has*
either of these devices working.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide - I'm at my wit's end !!
terry

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com