Re: [V4L] May need a new tuner card, suggestions?

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 11:41:31AM -0800, brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> For those of you curious about the problem.  When I plug the WinCast/TV
> card in the ethernet stops working.  The ethernet is still detected, and
> link lights appear, just packets don't come out of the box.  If you have
> an idea why this might happen I'd be happy to hear about that too.

I had the same problem with my system using a no-name bttv card (not even a
tuner on board, just an RCA input), and a LinkSys card.

In my system, they share the same interrupt:
 12:   16102683          XT-PIC  eth1, bttv

To be honest, I'm not sure what I did to fix it.  I might have ended up
moving cards around.  I might have ended up changing configs on another
card.  I had actually given up on it for a couple of days, then revisited
after playing around with other components.  And it magically started
working.

Oh wait... I seem to want to remember that I may have changed a BIOS
setting... but what I can't remember right now... perhaps you can tweak
settings there?

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  and be right all the time, or not work at all