[V4L] Video Capture + Graphics Overlay ?

Hi,

     I've seen lots of development work related to capturing NTSC/PAL video
and simply displaying it (video4linux, video4linux2 for TV tuner cards,
etc.)

     However, I haven't seen much (any ...?) information or projects related
to overlaying graphics on top of captured video.

     With a generic x86-PC, I'm envisioning:

a) Capturing color video (720x486, PCI bus->Memory)

b) Transferring each frame in real time to a 3D graphics
   accelerator card (Memory->AGP4x->GFX Card)

c) Drawing the video data as a textured rectangle or
   using glDrawPixels()

d) Rendering/Blending additional graphics on top of it
   with OpenGL.

	So here are the questions: :)

      1) Is it even possible to do this under Linux/XFree86?

      2) Has anyone done such a thing already?

	3) Assuming yes, can it be done at full-speed (30Hz)?
         (i.e. no dropped frames, constant framerate?
          bandwidth limitations?)

	4) Any suggestions for graphics cards + capture cards?
	   (that would play well together and with the available
          software?)

	Being able to drive an NTSC output would be nice also, as there are
a number of attractive display options that don't have VGA inputs.

	Hoping I'm posting to the right list(s) :) If I'm
not, hoping you can point me to the right ones ...

Thanks!
Brian

-----
Brian Hoffman