[V4L] Native Java implementation of v4l2

Hi,

We are two students at Biel School of Engineering in Switzerland. We are

in the middle of our diploma work. We are trying to realize
a door control and observation system based on Java and running
on a linux box. Since this system will use audio, video and rtp
streaming the Java Media Framework fits perfectly. At this
time we are exploring the cross-platform JMF and we realized
that there is a lot of work to do to support our capture devices.
We are running the Winnov Videum card.

Are there already existing native implementations we can use?
Is somebody experienced with JMF and CaptureDevice development?

Thanks for any kind of help...

--Cedric