Re: [V4L] Videoconference

> For videoconferencing software, I recommend the
> OpenH323 project   www.openh323.org
>
> There is both source and binaryies available
> for linux and you can Video Conference
> with other programs using the H323 protocol
> including Microsoft NetMeeting on Windows PCs.

What software can be used on Linux ?
Some while ago I was checking out the openh323 page.
I thought I had what I needed, but never got it going.
After that I never tried openh323 again.
Now I see you advise this as a good solution, it would be nice to hear how and
with what software it can be done. I'd like to do video(+sound) conference with
a netmeeting client.

I checked out the openh323 page agin and still believe it's a mess :-)
I've certainly had about 50 pages in my browser searching openh323, but where
the hell is the software ? I learned a lot about protocols now, but that's not
what I'm interested in.

Then I found only 1 client (DC-share) for linux. But, on the DC-share page I
can't find the software.

If I just follow the directions on the openh323 page, I draw the conclusion
that in case I want to do video conference (+ sound) the best choice is to do
that on a windows machine. That's very sad, because I don't have one :-)

VIC works but doesn't support sound I believe. Am I wrong here ?
One can use RAT for sound, but one also whishes things where a little easier :-)

--
Marcel Janssen