Re: [V4L] STB TVPCI Audio Strangeness

I purchased a Gateway Destination with the STB TVPCI Card
on it.  My biggest problem was getting it to work with X-
Windows.  I finally wrote to Connexent? the chipmaker that
purchased Brooktree.  Their manual stated specifically that
it would work with X-Windows.  I asked them if I could have
any example test code to try it with X-Free or to give to X-
Free Developers to write a driver.  They said that they
couldn't release anything to me at that time.

Have any of you been successful in getting it to work with
X-Windows?  If so, could you tell me how to set it up(I've
got two of these cards)?

Tim Schoenfelder
Cedar Falls, IA USA

> Hmm... I wrote the tda7432 driver, but didn't have
anything to test it
> on,* so it was just a stab in the dark.  One guy said it
worked.:)

> I'll have to take a look at that debug output when I get
a minute...

> Gerd, is there any reason that you shouldn't use the
tvaudio module with
> a stand-alone audio module?  Will they co-exist
peacefully?

> -Eric
>
> *STB was going to send me a card, but they sent the wrong
one...

> Dave & Adina Ewaldz wrote:
> >
> > I have a STB TVPCI card that previously worked great in
a Win98 machine and
> > I have now moved it to my Linux box with a problem.
> >
> > The problem is audio is not working consistantly.
>
> <snip>
>
> > My modules config is as follows:
>
> <snip>
>
> > # bttv
> > alias char-major-81 videodev
> > alias char-major-81-0 bttv
> > options bttv  card=40 radio=1 bttv_verbose=2
> > options tuner  debug=1 type=2
> > options tvaudio  debug=1 tda9850=1
> > options tvmixer  debug=1 devnr=1
> > pre-install bttv
(/sbin/modprobe "tuner"; /sbin/modprobe "tvaudio"; \

>                   /sbin/modprobe "tda7432"; /sbin/modprobe
 "tvmixer")
> > post-remove bttv (/sbin/modprobe -
r "tuner"; /sbin/modprobe -r "tvaudio"; \
> >                   /sbin/modprobe -
r "tda7432"; /sbin/modprobe -r "tvmixer")