Re: [V4L] vbi

Peter Lohmann wrote:

> We can either use this /dev/vbi as both VBI-in and VBI-out, or, use /dev/vbi
> for VBI-in and /dev/vout for VBI-out.

The vbi spec currently recommends /dev/vbi for output, it could be
/dev/vbiout or some as well, but I think using /dev/vout, the
counterpart of /dev/video, to process vbi data is not intuitive.
However that's completely irrelevant for v4l2 because, as several
people kindly pointed out, naming is user policy.

> and Geode each have encoders that can take your
> VGA desktop and put it on a TV.  This is popular for computer games,
> classroom instruction, set-top boxes, and other applications.

IMO X video provides a better environment for VGA to video converters.

Michael