FW: [V4L] channel on demand?

 Wouldn't there be an easier way that is standard? I have been using
"mp1e | mtvp -" lately to view simple video and it works great for
viewing and watching TV. I would assume that there would be a way to
simply create a FIFO that holds this information so that you can stream
a file from that server to your MPG client.
/home/httpd/html/downloads/movies/q1 is a FIFO that has a stream from
mp1e. If you would then stream that file would it work?

mtvp http://yourvideo.server/downloads/movies/q1

Still trying to get FIFO's and redirection down pat.

What would be even better is to use the quick and dirty video tools to
do this. Like so.

mp1e | qdvt > FIFO | "client app"

I think the only catch would be that the picture would need to be small
enough so that you can compress (With QDVT) and stream at the same time.
160x120 might work on a fast machine?

I stream to the local client with mp1e | mtvp - and it looks great! I
have used Real Producer before and all I got was a headache and a bad
feeling inside when I saw the quality of the picture..... (Maybe the
Real app was to busy streaming information OFF my lan than streaming
information ON my lan (A little Jukebox humor hehehehe Play that song DJ
:-P )I was using this on a 100mbps lan even. Nasty nasty nasty server
doing very naughty things.

I'll be getting the Orielly Gcc book this payday so I'll see if I can
get something going within the next couple of weeks. I know that there
are already clients out there for this kind of thing (VIC to name one)
but I am more concerned about quality than bandwidth (Since this will be
on my lan at home).

I NEED to watch Good Times on all computers at the SAME time (And JJ
better be lookin good.)

Dynomite!

Steve