Re: [V4L] channel on demand?

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> Jeroen Vreeken wrote :
> > If you really wan't to use video4linux viewers you could send the
> > incomming images to a video4linux loopback on the client pc.....
>
> Yes, I thought of that. The problem is the sound, even when using X.
> Perhaps this issue could be solved using NAS. So, using X and NAS can be a
> possible solution, although it's not a very nice one.

I think you'll find that trying to use NAS and X to send video over the
network will be completely useless.  Unless you have a postage stamp sized
window at 10fps, it's just not going to work, even if you have a 100MB
ethernet all to yourself.

You want to use some kind of compression and syncronization system, and a
protocol designed for streaming.  There are half dozen free solutions out
there, or something like real producer.