Re: [V4L] channel on demand?

Marcel Janssen wrote:

> Simon wrote :
>
> > I hope to offer LAN user TV on net.
>
> I'd like to add a question to this issue. Is it possible to share /dev/bttv etc
> over the net. I mean, would it be possible to have xawtv running on a PC
> without a tv-card and then connect to a TV-card that is in another PC.

Yes and No,

You can't use xawtv because it expects an video4linux device not present
on the pc.
But you can make an app on the tv-server that streams images (compressed
or not) to a socket and use a viewer that can connect to this.
These apps would also have to have some means of telling the server to
change channel and other settings....
If you really wan't to use video4linux viewers you could send the
incomming images to a video4linux loopback on the client pc.....

(or use x to connect to the pc and start a viewer, your not actually
sharing the bttv device but it comes close, however this will require
some bandwith :)

Jeroen