Re: [V4L] SVHS Output Device

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Peter Lohmann wrote:
> If you want to do some graphics processing and display it
> on a TV set, then you will need an encoder -- or set of encoders
> in your case.  I don't know of any off-the-shelf cards which support

The DC10+ cards have a video decoder + JPEG compression chip, as well as a
encoder for TV output.  You can buy one of these for $80.  But, that's just
one TV output.  Cards with multiple TV encoders (I assume that the original
question was about 2+ different TV outputs, not just a single video encoder
with multiple s-vhs plugs connected to it) probably exist, but I don't know of
any.  They would be specialized hardware and be very expensive, and most likely
not have linux drivers.

You could just buy a bunch of cheap PCI VGA cards that have a TV output.
Getting all of the cards to work at once will probably take some doing.
Getting multiple graphics card to coexist in one system isn't always possible.