[V4L] bttv driver problem

Hello.

   I'm trying to configure bt878-based video capture card ( Pixelview PlayTV
pro ) on Linux. I've successfully patched kernel, installed driver, etc, but
when it comes to real work, driver is EXTREMELY unstable.
   I tried default driver from 2.2.14 kernel, 0.7.34 and 0.7.39. They all
behave analogously. I can start video capture application and it runs without
problems until any window activity begins in overlay area. Any such activity
( working with application menu, moving window ) quickly ( in a few seconds )
results in a complete lockup. Running applications stop, even overlay window
does not update, all I can do is to press Power button.
  My configuration:
hardware: crappy Via Apollo Pro 133-based motherboard ( tweaking PCI settings
didn't solve problem ), S3 Savage4 AGP video card.
software: kernel 2.2.14 with I2C patches, latest 3.3.6 X server for S3 Savage
family, running in 16bpp.  Xawtv 3.18.
Is there anything I can do to fix problem? Maybe I can collect and provide
any additional information?  I've got some Linux programming experience and
really want to help.
And one more queston. Is there an archive of this list somewhere?

Thanks!
   Eugene