[V4L] RDS in /proc/rds? + MiroSound PCMxx

Hi all!

Month(?) ago I asked already, but I have further details now:

From: Russell Kroll <rkroll@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> OK, I've put the code and some example data is up on my web server.
> http://www.exploits.org/~rkroll/rds/

This example shows me that my hardware is abstracting somewhat more: I
have only the choice to get: RDS-text, station name, time, program type
(rock, pop, ...) and trafic info.

As my rds-driver is already working, I'm now looking for applications
which process similar datas. - I want to make 'a compatible
interface'.
Currently I dont know whether to present it via /proc/something or
through ioctl()s or an even more different aproach...

Who can help!?

Further I have some related questions:
On function in my code is using an automatic array of 520 byte -
should I leave it on the stack or kmalloc() it?

And once again a call to every owner of a MiroSound PCMxx sound card
to contact me - I make it working again... (:

> > Are there any applications? What is the radio-app, which supports
> > the most 'driver-features'?
>
> Well, I don't know the answer to that, but can probably say that the one
> with the fewest features is my little fm program.  It's pretty bland.

I already compiled it 'years' ago, but it has at least one drawback [:
In Germany the frequency step is 50kHz and not 200. And, as you
already guessed, SWR3 (a powerfull RDS radio station) broadcasts on
97.15MHz...  Hard to switch to with common radio-apps.  (:

Ciao,
	Robert