Re: [V4L] Rolling my own Tivo(tm)/Replay(tm)?

mp1e can do the dumping to disk..
a quote from earlier this week wwhen I asked a similiar question:
"mp1e 1.8.0-pre3 does a pretty good job when I use it with my bttv card
and
the v4l2 driver. It records IBP mpeg streams with audio in real time.
30fps
352x240 2.5mbit video with a stereo 160kbit soundtrack uses about 30%
CPU
time on my Celeron 366@550 w/ pc100 memory. Audio synchronization seems
accurate. I've been able to make decent double-bitrate VCD's from the
files
it produces."
from Brian Ristuccia

XMLTV will grab the TV listings for ya (right now it only grabs UK
listings, but I submitted a patch so it can grab canadian, there is an
austrian one floating around too I think...any americans/other countries
like to help out?), but still needs an good interface, I believe that it
is going to be incorporated into gtv..

I have a ATI-TV wonder and it seems to work alright quality wise..its
not perfect, but it works.

You'll have to use V4L2 though, if you want to be able to capture and
record at the same time.

if you are interested in writing code for something like this, i'd love
to help.

Mike